One of the most important furnishings of your home is the bed and the mattress on it. After a long and hard day at work, what every person needs is a relaxing night’s sleep. The mattress on your bed could act as a facilitator, for you getting the perfect sleep. However if you have chosen the wrong kind of mattress for yourself, it could also be the cause of many pain problems.
But the big question arise, how do you know that you have to buy a new mattress for your home? Simply, answer these questions to know the answer:
- Do you wake up achy and grumpy in the morning? Even after sleeping for a good 8 hours?
- Are you experiencing slight pains in any joints or in the back?
- Do you feel less energetic after waking up?
- Do you keep turning and tossing in the bed for lack of proper support and comfort in your mattress?
If the answer to two ore more questions is yes, then its time you got a new mattress for your home.
Buying Guide for the mattress
Comfort plus health should be the two major criteria when deciding on a best mattress for your home. The third factor is that the mattress should fit in your budget. Today mattresses have a very wide range of varieties and prices to choose from. And lastly, the mattress in your room should add to the aesthetic appeal of your home. With the kind of hectic lives we lead today, most of the time our posture is wrong which causes a lot of damage to the joints of the body. This often results in excruciating pain and lead to chronic ailments if neglected for a long time.
A good mattress can actually go a long way in helping you to get rid of various kinds of body pains, such as lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and upper back pain. It keeps the body posture right, even during sleeping and provide relaxation and comfort.
Every person has a different body type, bone type and body weight. So the mattress requirements vary from person to person. Here are some tips that you can use to make the complicated process of choosing the mattress a little easier:
Top tips for your mattress purchase:
- Go for a thorough online research before making the final purchase of your mattress. This way you would have a fair idea of the basic types of mattresses available and their pros and cons. Look up various websites and make yourself aware.
- Consult your doctor before buying a mattress, if you already have a physical condition or have been experiencing pain in the body. If you have been undergoing some therapy, it would be good to talk to your therapist as well.
- Mattress stores with their huge variety will definitely confuse you. On top of that, it becomes impossible to compare prices. So decide on a brand and on a type suitable for you, check it out for comfort (you could lie down on it for a couple of minutes) and make the purchase. This decision would be easier if you have done your research well.
- It is said that firmer the mattress, the better it is for the back. This is not universally true. One might not feel really comfortable and snug on a firm mattress. In fact, for people having low back pain a moderately firm mattress works best. That way, the feel is comfortable, but the support is firm.
- Comfortable feeling mattresses will differ from person to person. Every person would have a different definition of comfort. Choose your mattress accordingly. Some might like firm mattresses, some extra-firm. Others might go in for plush or extra plush kinds of mattresses, depending on the requirements of the body.
- Find out if the store or the brand of mattress offers a money back guarantee. Most major brands offer a 30-day money back guarantee. So you could try out the mattress for a month, and if you feel it is uncomfortable and add to your pain, you go return it.
- Some mattresses have attached pillow tops, but check out if it is suitable for you. People with heavier bodies find pillow tops with a bit of cushioning very comfortable as they their weight helps to compress the cushion and get the support of the coils beneath.
- The types of mattresses that are available for your choice are:
- Memory foam mattresses are preferred by many. They mold according to the shape of the body thereby providing a well distributed and even support mechanism. This is the one that gives a luxurious sinking into the bed feeling!
- Sleep number beds use adjustable air pressure pads within, so that you could customize the amount of pressure and the firmness of your mattress.
- Plush mattresses, which are extremely soft for extra comfort.
If you are indecisive, try out each of the types or varieties and then go for the final purchase.
- Check on the warranty the mattress companies are providing. Most big brands provide a 10 year replacement warranty on your big purchase. Also, it is advisable to buy a waterproof mattress protecting cover. This way the mattress could be saved from stains that destroy its entire look, and also your warranty remains intact.
- Negotiate on the price of the mattress. If you are at a store which does not offer flexible pricing, then keep your eyes open for store offers, brand promotional offers and discount sales. This way you could get the best mattress for your home at a really affordable price.
- Do not shop for mattresses in a departmental store. It is advisable to visit a store which deals exclusively in mattresses to ensure that you get the best deals and also good advice on which mattress would suit your condition.
- All said and done, the look of the mattress is also important to add to the aesthetic appeal of your room. If you are living with your family, buy a mattress that would suit the needs of every member and yet look beautiful.
Considering these tips, now you are all set to buy the best mattress for your home!