You reach home after a long and hectic day at work, what is the first thing that your heart wants to do? Surely, most people want to lie down on the mattress and relax. But this moment of pleasure is short lived for many because of the wrong choice of the mattress. It is a clear indication that you need to change the mattress.
Most people find it difficult to decide whether they really need to change the mattress or not, if you are also one of them, simply, answer these questions and we will help you decide:
- Do you wake up achy and grumpy in the morning? Even after sleeping for a good 8 hours?
- Are you experiencing slight pains in any joints or in the back?
- Do you feel less energetic after waking up?
- Do you keep turning and tossing in the bed for lack of proper support and comfort in your mattress?
If the answer to two or more questions is Yes, then it’s time you get a new mattress for yourself. The process of buying a mattress is not easy, here is the buying guide to make this complex task easier.
Buying Guide for the mattress
Today’s mattresses come in a wide range of varieties and prices, to choose from. This makes the task of buying the mattress complicated. Comfort plus health should be the two major criteria when deciding on the best mattress for your home. The third factor is the budget. Last and certainly not the least, the chosen mattress should add to the aesthetic appeal of your home.
Also, the chosen mattress must support good health as a good mattress can actually go a long way in helping you to get rid of various kinds of body pains, such as lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and upper back pain. It keeps the body posture right, even during sleeping and offer great relaxation and comfort.
Every person has a different body type, bone type and body weight. So, the mattress requirements vary from person to person. Here are some tips that you can use to make the complicated process of choosing the mattress a little easier:
Top tips for your mattress purchase:
- Research is the key: Go for a thorough online research before making the final purchase. This way you would have a fair idea of the basic types of mattresses available and their pros and cons. Look up various websites and make yourself aware.
- Doctor’s opinion: Consult your doctor before buying a mattress. They might not know what mattress type is the best, but they can surely assess your physical situation and make suggestions keeping a number of factors in mind.
- Make up your mind: Before visiting the store, you need to be sure of the brand and type of mattress you want to buy. Popular types of mattresses to choose from are gel mattress, memory foam mattress, water mattress, air mattress, latex mattress, hybrid mattresses and inner spring mattresses. When at the store, take a trial of the mattress. Don’t be hesitant to ask for it. Lie down on the mattress for over fifteen minutes to be sure of your choice.
- Don’t go by general opinions: Most people believe that firmer the mattress, the better it is for the back pain. But it is not universally true. So, decide on what you prefer. If you prefer a firm mattress, choose the memory foam mattress. If not you can choose either gel mattress or air mattresses.
- Money back guarantee: Find out if the store or the brand of mattress offers a money back guarantee. Most major brands offer a 30-day money back guarantee. So, you can try out the mattress for a month, and if you feel it is uncomfortable you can return it easily.
- Mattress with pillow top or without it: Some mattresses have attached pillow tops, but check out if it is suitable for you. People with heavier bodies find pillow tops, comfortable because of the extra cushion that I between the coils and them. Whereas, it is not preferred by the slim people as the extra thick pillow is not needed.
- Warranty: Check for the warranty the mattress. Most big brands provide a 10 year replacement warranty. It will be best if you can bag in the Non-prorated warranty. It refers to the full replacement within the time period.
- Price: Negotiate on the price of the mattress. If you are at a store that does not offer flexible pricing, then keep your eyes open for store offers, brand promotional offers and discount sales. This way you can get the best mattress for your home at a really affordable price. This will ensure a good pick at pocket-friendly prices.
- Mattress toppers: To make the most of your purchase and add to its life, it is suggested to buy washable mattress protectors. Prefer buying the mattress toppers that are waterproof and anti-allergic. Also, the toppers add a luxurious layer, to the mattress in addition to providing extra support and comfort.
Some other points to consider are motion transfer, temperature regulation, edge support and the support provided to the body. With these tips you will surely be able to find the right mattress for yourself with great ease. At the end remember that it is worth putting in the efforts as you will spend at least one-third of your life in that mattress if you sleep for eight hours a day. Remember, it is the mattress that not only helps you sleep well but also strengthen your love life as a wrong mass choice can hamper your love making experience too.