For a healthy and happy life it is very important to ensure that the mattress remains in good condition.
Here are seven tips that will help you improve the condition of the mattress:
- Avoid Staining: Nobody can deny that it is fun to eat in the bed on Sunday mornings. But what if you drop some ketchup or tea on it? First and foremost, don’t panic. There is an easy solution for it. Simply clean it with a shampoo or a mild liquid soap. Let it dry on its own. If the stain appears to be deep, then baking soda can be of a great help. Apply baking soda over the mattress and leave it for at least 15 minutes, use a vacuum cleaner to dry it and to ensure that no trace are remaining.
- Use the mattress cover: Cover the your mattress with a mattress cover. The benefit of using a mattress cover is that it can save your mattress from being stained. This saves the time and efforts needed for cleaning the whole mattress. It is essential to wash the mattress covers every six months to avoid bad odor and maintain its freshness.
- Dry it: It is recommended to remove the bed sheet every morning and expose the mattress to sunlight or fresh air for a few minutes. Wondering why? This is because while sleeping the mattress absorbs some of the body’s moisture. Which might make the mattress smell. Removing the bed cover for at least 20 minutes will allow the moisture to dry and make the mattress odor free.
- Vacuuming: To get rid of bugs, vacuuming once in every month is essential. Vacuuming removes all the bugs and the odor from the mattress. After vacuuming, flip the mattress from side to side to avoid dampness. Spread some perfume on the mattress ideally after vacuuming to keep it fresh.
- Avoid Bouncing: We often see that children love to bounce on the mattress and so do some adults. The bouncing on the mattress affects the elasticity of springs and the filling of the mattress. Dislocation of the filling results in formation of lumps in the mattress which leads to back and spine problem.
- Bed Frame: It is essential that the mattress fits the bed frame exactly so that the mattress does not hang down loosely or unevenly. An ill-fitted mattress lead to formation of lumps or it starts breaking from the middle. A broken mattress is one of the biggest reasons for the back pain.
To conclude, try to follow these six tips to add to the life of your mattress. These will surely help you to maintain your mattress and ensure a good night’s sleep for years to come.